Last updated: 3/2/2020
Midas Green Technologies operates https://www.midasgt.com (the “Site”). This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information we receive from users of the Site. We commit to processing your Personal Information responsibly and in compliance with applicable data protection/privacy laws in the countries where we operate.
This Statement applies to all users of the Site. If you are a resident of the European Economic Area, you have additional rights, which are explained in the Application of Local Laws section.
For purposes of this Privacy Statement (or “Statement”), “you” refers to any visitor to the Midas Green Technologies website.
Accepting this Statement
You acknowledge that you have read this Statement and that you understand and accept it.
Your use of our website and any dispute related to the collection of your Personal Information is subject to this Privacy Statement, any applicable Terms of Service (including any applicable limitations on damages and the resolution of disputes) and any applicable End User License Agreement.
Application of Local Laws
This Privacy Statement is intended to comply with relevant applicable laws in the United States and European Economic Area (EEA) and in particular, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). If an applicable local data protection or privacy law provides for a lesser level of protection than that established by this Statement, then this Statement shall prevail.
Consent to Data Transfer
Midas Green Technologies is headquartered in the United States. Thus, if you proceed to use this site, your Personal Information may be transferred to or accessible by entities or individuals in the United States and processed according to the terms described in this Privacy Statement.
Personal Information collected by Midas Green Technologies may be stored and processed in your region, in the United States, and/or in any other country where Midas Green Technologies or its affiliates, subsidiaries, or service providers operate. Typically, the primary storage location is in the United States or a customer’s region (which may also be the United States).
By continuing to use this site, you authorize Midas Green Technologies and its service providers to transfer your Personal Information to – or make it available in – destinations outside your home country and to process it according to this Privacy Statement. You may contact us at [email protected] for more information about the safeguards used to protect your Personal Information if it is transferred outside of your country of residence.
What is Personal Information?
For the purposes of this Privacy Statement, “Personal Information” generally means data, or a combination of data from one or more sources, that could reasonably identify an individual.
When you visit the Midas Green Technologies website, the Personal Information collected about you may include, but is not limited to:
- postal address;
- email address;
- organization name and job title;
- telephone number;
- IP address; and
- network and geo-location;
If you cannot or choose not to provide us with this Personal Information, we may be unable to provide you with the information or services you have requested.
Why is this Personal Information Collected?
We generally collect Personal Information on an entirely voluntary basis – in other words, we do not require you to give us your Personal Information. Certain areas of midasgt.com, however, may request your Personal Information so that you can use specific features, learn more about Midas Green Technologies or access certain content. For example, you may be asked to submit Personal Information if you:
- request a white paper, download or access information about our products, services or programs;
- watch on-demand content;
- submit a contact form;
- apply for a job with Midas Green Technologies; or
- ask to have a Midas Green Technologies employee contact you.
Non-Personal Information, Analytics, and Advertising
We market our business in a number of ways, primarily through digital advertising, owned social media presences, email marketing campaigns and other online and offline mechanisms. To understand how our marketing or promotional campaigns are performing, one or more of our third-party service providers may collect certain information via our website. We and these service providers use several industry standard analytics and tracking tools to collect this information, such as web browsers and flash cookies, web beacons and other, similar technologies. The information we collect includes IP addresses, number of page visits, pages viewed, search engine referrals, browsing activities over time, and responses to offline marketing campaigns through dedicated tracking web addresses.
[Note: Although network or device identifiers such as computer or device IP addresses, serial numbers or other identification numbers are not necessarily personally identifiable, some countries’ laws may define them as Personal Information].
We use Non-Personal information to:
- identify new visitors to the website;
- recognize returning visitors;
- analyze the effectiveness of our website content and marketing or sales-related activities;
- better understand our audience, customers, or other website visitors; and
- determine whether website visitors, potential customers and customers might be interested in additional content, new products or services.
We use Google Analytics to collect, monitor and analyze website traffic and behavior. Google Analytics uses “cookies”, which are small text files placed on your computer, to collect standard internet log information and visitor behavior information in an anonymous form.You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Use of Personal Information
Legal Basis for Collecting and Using Personal Information
We collect, use and share Personal Information when we have an appropriate legal basis to do this. This may be because:
- you have consented, for example by signing up to receive communications from us;
- our use of your Personal Information is in our legitimate interests as a commercial organization (see examples below);
- our use of your Personal Information is necessary to perform a contract or take steps to enter into a contract with you, for example if you apply for a job with us or if you work for one of our service providers, partners, prime contractors or subcontractors; and/or
- our use of your Personal Information is necessary to comply with a relevant legal or regulatory obligation, for example, in response to an audit, subpoena or court order.
Examples of Midas Green Technologies’ legitimate interests:
- operating, maintaining, and improving Midas Green Technologies websites, products, services and programs;
- responding to comments and questions, or provide customer service or technical support;
- sending information such as confirmations, invoices, technical notices, software updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- providing information which may be of interest to website visitors, potential customers and customers, including but not limited to, educational content, fact sheets, webinars, white papers, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by us and our selected partners;
- protecting against, investigating, and deterring fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity;
- to process employment applications (more detail below); and
- protecting Midas Green Technologies personnel or property.
We may also use what we know about you to highlight products and services that may be of interest to you or we may combine your online Personal and Non-Personal Information with information collected from offline sources or information we already have.
More About Employment Applications
In general, if you apply for a Midas Green Technologies job through midasgt.com or any third party website, we use the Personal Information you submitted via the application process to process and respond to your job application, including to assess your skills and interest in job opportunities, conduct reference checks and/or background checks, verify the information you provided, and for compliance with corporate governance and/or legal and regulatory requirements. Personal Information that you submit may also be added to our candidate database for purposes of considering whether you are suitable for other job vacancies. If you are hired, we may also use the information collected during the application process for other business purposes related to your employment.
Sharing Personal and Non-Personal Information
We process and share your Personal Information and Non-Personal Information to the extent reasonably necessary to fulfill your requests and for our legitimate business purposes, as further described above and in the Authorized Service Providers section below. When we disclose Personal and Non-Personal Information to other entities or individuals to perform support services for us, they may access such information for the limited purposes of performing those support services.
We may disclose Personal and Non-Personal Information to others to:
- respond to questions about our product or services;
- send communications, including email newsletters, or other marketing materials;
- comply with applicable laws, obey judicial orders, respond to subpoenas; cooperate with law enforcement authorities, and respond to law enforcement requests;
- detect or prevent suspected or actual illegal activities or harm to our personnel or property;
- help us run our day-to-day business operations;
- protect the rights or property of others, including our customers; and
- respond to and/ or assist our auditors and legal advisors.
We may also disclose Personal and Non-Personal Information:
- when legally required (e.g., for government reports);
- for other legitimate business purposes, such as product or service development, marketing, sales and website administration; and
- as otherwise permitted or required by law.
Authorized Service Providers
We sometimes hire or contract with other companies and individuals to perform certain functions and services on our behalf. This is a common industry practice. We may need to disclose Personal and Non-Personal Information so that they can perform these functions and services which may include, for example, call center/customer service support, sending or processing postal mail or email, and analyzing or hosting data on cloud-based servers.
Midas Green Technologies does not share or sell Personal Information with unaffiliated third parties for their own direct marketing purposes.
Your device browser may give you the ability to control cookies and online tracking tools such as those we outlined above. How you do so depends on your browser and the type of cookie or online tracking tool. You can set your preferences for midasgt.com.
Minors and Children under 13
Midas Green Technologies’ website is not intended for nor directed to minors. We do not knowingly collect any Personal Information or knowingly track the use of our website by children under the age of 13.
Safeguarding your Information
The integrity, availability and confidentiality of your Personal Information matters to us. That is why we use industry-standard and government-approved technical, administrative and physical controls to protect Personal Information from unauthorized access, use and disclosure.
Managing your Personal Information
Right to Change or Delete Your Personal Information
You have a right to request that we correct or delete inaccurate Personal Information about you by contacting us at this address:
Midas Green Technologies
8107 Springdale Road, Suite #103, Austin, TX 78724
or by email at [email protected].
In such cases, we will first verify your identity and then check whether the Personal Information is in fact inaccurate. We will correct any Personal Information found to be incorrect.
You can also request that we erase your Personal Information:
- if it is no longer needed for the purposes for which it was collected;
- if you have withdrawn your consent (where the data processing was initially based on consent), and where there is no other legal basis for the processing;
- following a successful right to object; or
- if it has been processed unlawfully.
We are not required to comply with your request to erase your Personal Information if it is necessary:
- for compliance with a legal obligation;
- for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims;
- for the performance of a contract;
- to detect, prevent, or otherwise mitigate illegal activities, including but not limited to fraud, computer crimes and identity theft;
- to avoid or mitigate harm to Midas Green Technologies personnel or property or to others, and
- to the extent necessary to comply with applicable laws.
Right to Restrict the Processing of Your Personal Information
You can ask us to limit processing of your Personal Information, but only when:
- you dispute its accuracy, to allow us to verify its accuracy;
- the processing is unlawful, but you do not want it erased;
- it is no longer needed for the purposes for which it was collected, but we still need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or
- you have exercised the right to object, and verification of overriding grounds is pending.
After you submit a request to restrict the processing of your Personal Information, we can continue to process it when:
- we have your consent;
- to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or
- to protect the rights of another natural or legal person.
Right to Transfer your Personal Information
You can ask us to provide your Personal Information to you in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format, or you can ask to have it transferred directly to another entity or company, but only when:
- the processing of your Personal Information is based on your consent or the performance of a contract with you;
- the processing is carried out by automated means; and
- where technically feasible.
Right to Object to the Processing of your Personal Information
You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Information if:
- our legal grounds for processing is that it is necessary for a legitimate interest pursued by us or a third party; or
- our processing is for direct marketing purposes.
To object to our processing of your personal data, please email us at [email protected]. If you do object, we will stop processing your Personal Information unless and until we verify that we have compelling legitimate grounds for processing that outweigh your interests, rights, and freedoms or if we need to continue processing the Personal Information for the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims.
Right to Object to the Use of your Personal Information for Direct Marketing purposes
You can request that we change the manner in which we contact you for direct marketing purposes. We will respect your wishes not to receive marketing communications. You can change your marketing preferences by contacting us at [email protected]. You can also opt-out at any time by using the unsubscribe links or instructions included at the bottom of our emails. Please note that we may continue to send you service-related communications regardless of any opt-out request.
Midas Green Technologies does not share or sell Personal Information with unaffiliated third parties for their own direct marketing purposes.
We will retain your Personal Information for as long as required for the purposes for which it was collected. How long we retain it depends on a number of factors, including the legal basis for which it was obtained and/or additional legal or regulatory obligations. Thus, in some circumstances we may store your Personal Information for longer periods of time, for instance where we are required to do so to meet legal, regulatory, tax, accounting requirements. We may also store it for longer periods of time to have an accurate record of your interactions with us in the event of any complaints or challenges, or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation.
This Privacy Statement applies only to midasgt.com and Midas Green Technologies websites that are clearly identified as being owned and operated by us and linking to this Privacy Statement. You should be aware that hyperlinks on this site may direct you to other websites that we do not control. Midas Green Technologies has no control over the privacy policies or practices of these other websites, and is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of websites to which we link, list, rank or identify by means of a search. Midas Green Technologies takes no responsibility for the products, services, policies or actions of third parties or the content of third-party websites. We encourage you to be aware when you are leaving our site and to read the privacy policies of each website you visit.
Queries and Complaints
If you have any questions, have a complaint, or wish to send us comments about this Privacy Statement, please send an email to [email protected]. We will investigate your complaint, and use reasonable efforts to respond as soon as possible.
Right to lodge a complaint with your local supervisory authority
You also have a right to file a complaint with your local supervisory authority if you have concerns about how we are processing your Personal Information. We ask that you please attempt to resolve any issues with us first, although you have a right to contact your supervisory authority at any time.
For UK visitors to Midas Green Technologies websites:
For Australian visitors to Midas Green Technologies websites:
If we fail to respond to your complaint within a reasonable period of receiving it in writing, or if you are dissatisfied with the response that you receive from us, you may lodge a complaint with the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (“OAIC”). Details of how to contact the OAIC are located at oaic.gov.au.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
This Privacy Statement may be updated periodically. We will notify you of any changes by posting the new Privacy Statement and we will change the “Last Updated” date above. You should consult this page regularly for any changes.